In accordance with Article 6 GDPR, we provide the following information on which data we collect and how we use it
Nature, scope and purpose of collection and use of personal data.
I (Jörg Bergs) collect data specifically for order processing. Customer data that is recorded in the inventory control system when a purchase is made is deleted after our duties to keep records under tax law end, but not before.
In detail, my team and I collect the following data:
- Automated web analytics are collected on our website by a service provider (Webalizer). When you access our site, your browser transmits a range of technical data, which is entered into the log. Your browser ID and domain, the file name, the time and date of retrieval, and the data volume transmitted are stored. This log data does not contain any personal references. This data is used for website statistics and troubleshooting, and is not passed on to third parties. The use of web analytics enables us to optimise and protect our website. We do not directly observe our users as identifiable persons at any time.
- Log files with IP addresses are not created.
- Only an email address is used when subscribing to the newsletter. This email can be made anonymous. You can view, amend, delete or block your data or revoke your consent at any time. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our orders are processed off the website (offline). To place an order, you simply need to complete our order form and send this is in – signed – with the film. Our General Terms and Conditions are provided on the order form. You accept our General Terms and Conditions by providing your signature. Without a signature, we will not carry out the order.
- When you place an order, we record your name, your address, your email, your telephone number and your website, if applicable, in our inventory control system. This data is used for invoicing in the legally correct way and to send your materials back. This data is not passed on to third parties.
- Your data will be available for download as a ZIP file on our web server for approx. 20 days (unless a data storage device by post was ordered). The data is designated a long random number. All ZIP files are deleted from the web server after approx. 20 days, including the images on our computer. You will receive the link to this file by email once the order is complete. If you consider this method of processing too unsecure, please select the data storage device option. We will then send all your images to you by post and your data will be uploaded to our Internet server.
Processing in countries outside the European Union or European Economic Area
We provide links to our Facebook and Instagram profiles on our website. They are purely links without any tracker functions used by us. However, we cannot guarantee whether or not the above providers will analyse your IP address and store it in third countries when you click on the relevant link.
To protect yourself against the unwanted use of data we recommend using Ghostery, a program that does not allow trackers, cookies and other undesirable programs. The plug-in can be integrated into all major browsers as an add-on. It is installed at your own risk.
Information, deletion, amendment of data and cancellation
When you place an order, you give us your personal data and we carefully record in our inventory control system. This data is used for order processing and, as mentioned above, is deleted after duties to keep records under tax law end, but not before.
If you would like information on your data, please write to us (Jörg Bergs, MeinFilmLab, Broichstr. 5, 52393 Hürtgenwald). We would be happy to provide you with this information.
Your data will be deleted after the legal retention period has lapsed. If you wish to unsubscribe from the newsletter, you can do so using the corresponding link in the newsletter itself or you can write to us (Jörg Bergs, MeinFilmLab, Broichstr. 5, 52393 Hürtgenwald) and we will then delete it.
Amendment of data
If your data has been recorded incorrectly, please write to us (Jörg Bergs, MeinFilmLab, Broichstr. 5, 52393 Hürtgenwald). We will amend your data.
Right of cancellation for consumers
(A consumer is any natural person who enters into a legal transaction for purposes which cannot predominantly be attributed to either their commercial or independent professional activity.) Cancellation policy
Right of cancellation
You have the right to cancel this agreement within one month, without providing a reason.
The cancellation period begins one month from the day on which we receive your films/data and confirm receipt.
To exercise your right of cancellation you must inform us (Jörg Bergs, MeinFilmLab, Broichstr. 5, 52393 Hürtgenwald, 02429 9090566, email@example.com) of your decision to cancel this agreement by means of an unambiguous declaration (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or email).
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient to send us notification of your intent to exercise your right of cancellation before the cancellation deadline.
The right of cancellation will lapse for agreements
– to supply prints if these have already been made;
– on film processing if you have paid the invoice and we have already begun to perform the service (development and/or scan).
Consequences of cancellation
You can cancel the agreement prior to performance. When you receive our confirmation email with the invoice, you can exercise your right of cancellation from this agreement immediately. By paying the invoice, you accept the agreement and you can no longer cancel it, because the development, digitalisation and/or production of photos is a personalised service.
If you cancel this agreement, we must immediately refund you all payments that we have received from you within no more than fourteen days from the date on which we received notification of cancellation of this agreement, except for delivery charges. For this refund we will use the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction, unless something else was expressly agreed with you; undeveloped films will be sent back to you in a parcel with a tracking number.
Right to complain to a regulatory authority
The EU Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution on the Internet at the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr
This platform serves as the contact point for extra-judicial resolution of disputes from online purchasing or service agreements in which a consumer is involved.
Data portability Article 20 GDPR
We would be happy to provide your personal data to you in a structured machine-readable format. Please write to us (Jörg Bergs, MeinFilmLab, Broichstr. 5, 52393 Hürtgenwald) and we will supply you with your data on a data storage device. If you cannot come to the store to collect your data in person, we will send it to you by registered post, with the option to have it delivered to addressee only. Your data is converted and prepared free of charge. If you wish the data to be sent to you by post, we will invoice you for delivery.